1. Why you need to get fat! We’ve embraced the Mazola lady, ate bird food, gave up steak and eggs, and still got heart disease. What we lack is the right kind of fat, to balance our cell membranes and reduce internal inflammation caused by an imbalance of unstable polyunsaturated fat. That means the right monounsaturated fat like avocado, healthy nuts, the “right” EVOO and more. Eat moderate amounts of certain “healthful” saturated fats; Organic, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, is one of best.
2. Total cholesterol level is a poor predictor of heart disease. The Nurses Study, the largest ongoing study of its kind, suggests that monitoring your homocysteine level is a far more reliable predictor of heart disease. Taking the right amount of folic acid and B6 may be enough to get you there. Cholesterol is essential for healthy brain function, the production of bile and more. It’s also the precursor to sex hormones. While too much LDL is a bad thing. Increasing your HDL is a good thing. High dose niacin therapy, under doctor supervision, can help you do both. Pharmaceutical grade fish oil can turn dangerous hard particle LDL into more harmless soft particle LDL.
3. Make less food feel like more. Most of us understand the importance of maintaining a healthy weight. But how can the average adult (eating 2775 calories a day) be satisfied with as little as 1500 롤대리 calories? The answer? Bulk up your food. Take an empty herb jar and fill it with a healthy mix of several herbs and spices. Then shake it liberally on food. Both are among the most nutrient-dense foods on earth. You’ll be kicking up the anti-oxidant value of every meal. Eat foods high in fiber like nuts, beans and avocados. Understand that all calories are not created equal; some, from foods such as these, feed your blood on a slow roll, permitting you to avoid hunger far longer. Drink plenty of water. How much? On average, an adult should drink approximately half their body weight, but expressed as ounces. So a 150 pound would drink approximately 75 ounces spread out, each day. Water also bulks up your food, so your fuller feeling and remain satisfied longer. Drink about an hour before each meal, not during or immediately after. You don’t want to dilute the absorption of important nutrients.
4. Fix your London bridges before they fall down. Consider bio-identical hormone replacement therapy to restore your body to its former levels with substances that are identical to what you formerly produced. The right amount of estrogen and other hormones working in harmony and monitored by a professional, not excessive calcium, builds bone mass. Take the right multiple vitamin that focuses on ODA (Optimum Daily Allowance) rather than RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance). The latter was established by the government to help you guard against deficiency. The former is intended to optimize your health.
5. Make Easy Substitutions. Like a new sugar substitute that’s actually healthy for you. You can ad to beverages, sprinkle on food, or cook with it. It tastes great, not fakey or bitter. It’s the first 100% natural sugar substitute approved by the FDA as safe. It’s flavor comes from the outer peel of organic oranges, and chickory root inulin-a natural pre- and probiotic. A diabetics dream (unlike agave, it contains no fructose). Other simple substitutes? How about scrumptious pasta? No, not the white floury pasta that breaks down quickly. We’ve created one made of hard durham wheat and infused with EVOO, spices and herbs. Want one more. Substitute ordinary animal protein for flavorful “grass fed” beef. Pay more for higher quality protein foods without spending more on your diet. The average adult only needs 50 -60 grams of protein. So buy the best, but eat less. According to author Jo Robinson, “switching to grass fed animal products would increase your CLA intake three to five-fold”. CLA is an important anti-carcinogen. And get this. The average adult, eating 66.5 pounds of beef annually, would loose approximately 6 pounds by just switching to the grass fed variety!