Stop wasting your time; here’s what you can do right now to turn things around
Wish you were getting better results with your social media?
Many entrepreneurs I talk to are frustrated they aren’t seeing anything come of their social media efforts. They’re ready to give up, thinking it’s all been a huge waste of time.
This is when I tell them this Linkr Posts marketing isn’t as easy as creating and posting content. Indeed, there’s much more that goes into making social media marketing work effectively for a business.
So if you can relate and feel like you’re spending hours on social media and think it’s all been an epic waste of time fail, then it’s time to take an honest look at what you are doing.
Social media is a prominent advertising, marketing and lead generating tool for businesses today but the trick is being strategic about your efforts.
Keep reading the rest of this article for ways that you might need to get more strategic and turn your efforts into a profit-making endeavour.
Here are nine common mistakes business owners and entrepreneurs make with their social media:
1) You Aren’t Relevant. It’s really important to know your audience (aka your ideal client) and choose posts they will find meaningful and useful. Stay on topic within a range of subject matter they care about.
For example if you have a work-at-home-Mom Facebook page, posting a story about potty training tips is a little off base. Yes, it’s a parenting article, but it’s not about home business.
2) You Don’t Have a Plan. It’s really important to map out a social media marketing calendar and decide what are you promoting and when. Ensure you’re posting when you know the most amount of followers will see that post.
Be sure to write articles and posts that are in alignment with your sales goals and ones that you know your ideal target market would appreciate reading.
When the stars are aligned, magic happens.
3) You’re Following Someone Else’s Blueprint For Success. You know your target audience better than anyone. What works for one social media guru may not work for you.
It’s OK to get ideas and strategies, but the real test is when you try it. Look at your analytics and see if your posts get the engagement and response you desired.
Do what works for your business, not what you think is working for someone else.
4) Your Metrics Are Not Specific Enough. What is your social media goal for a campaign you are running? Is it brand engagement, visibility, website traffic, lead generation or sales?
Each goal will be measured with different tools. Use the right tool to measure the metric that accurately reflects your achievement for that goal.
5) You’re Too Promotional. Don’t turn your social media accounts into a non-stop, 24/7 promotion for your business.
It’s important to offer a good mix of value-oriented posts that are sprinkled with some calls to action. If you promote too heavily, you’ll turn off your audience and they will stop following you so make sure the bulk of your posts truly engages their interest.
6) You Never Post Original Content. Fans are attracted to you because of who you are and what you know. They want to hear from you and see your original articles, freebies, surveys, quotes, and graphics.